Sign In

How do I apply?

Skip Navigation LinksTHUEnglishHow do I apply?

Health Information Management

We are delighted that you are interested in the degree programme Health Information Management (IG).We hope the following information will help you find your feet quickly and allow you to secure a place at our University of Applied Sciences successfully.The Students' Service Centre (SSC) is happy to answer your questions and will support you on your way to studying at the Ulm University of Applied Sciences.Good luck, we look forward to seeing you!

​To your desired degree programme in three steps:

  1. Please register yourself on can find important information about DoSV, the new Germany-wide admissions process, here.
  2. Select the degree programme “Health Information Management”
  3. Fill out the Application for Admission, print it, sign it and send it to the Ulm University of Applied Sciences (SSC) with the required accompanying documentation.

Note: From the winter semester 2017/18 foreign students and those taking a second degree may be charged a fee.In addition, foreign students please note the deadlines of the Studienkolleg Konstanz. You must take these into account to acquire proof of required language proficiency and recognition of officially-certified certificates.

Admission prerequisites

The prerequisite for admission to the degree programme IG is a successful general qualification for university entrance (school-leaving certificate), an entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences, or a subject-specific higher-education entrance qualification.Furthermore, people in employment who have successfully completed a master craftsman's diploma or vocational training equivalent to a master craftsman's diploma may also apply.In this case, an interview for the chosen degree programme is required.Evidence of this interview must be submitted by the close of applications.Those with vocational qualifications also have the chance to study at the Ulm University of Applied Sciences via an aptitude test and an application interview.

Application deadline

The degree programme IG is offered in both the winter and the summer semester.Applications for the winter semester can be made until July 15, applications for the summer semester can be made until January 15.These are cut-off dates. That means applications which are received later will not be considered, even if missing the deadline was not your fault. Here it is the date which the application reaches the University of Applied Sciences which is important, and not the postmark.Since your application can only be processed if all the documentation is complete and submitted by the deadline, we recommend that you apply early so that any questions arising can be clarified in time before the close of applications.

Required documentation

  • Officially certified secondary school-leaving certificate (higher education entrance qualification) – or a provisional certificate, if applicable.
  • Curriculum Vitae with no gaps, in tabular form with date and signature
  • For foreign students: proof of required language proficiency and recognition of your officially-certified certificates by the Studienkolleg Konstanz.
  • Please note: you must apply to the Studienkolleg Konstanz to have your certificates recognised at the latest by November 1 if you wish to start your studies in the summer semester, and by May 1 if you are starting your studies in the winter semester.
  • Certificate of participation in a degree course orientation test (e.g. from,,
  • If applicable, further documentation as evidence of employment or matters of fact

Please do not submit any original documents with your application.

Admissions process

After you have submitted your application, you will receive written confirmation of receipt.Study places are issued according to the average grades on the higher education entrance qualification certificate.Completed subject-specific vocational training and employment will also be taken into account.

​After admission, you have 10 days in which to enrol, either in writing or in person.You can find the precise dates and requirements in the Notification of Admission letter.Subsequently, free study places are issued in a Clearing process.The remaining free places can be viewed on the Study Place Exchange, one month before the start of the semester.


If you are accepted to study at the Ulm University of Applied Sciences, you will receive a written Notification of Admission giving you all the information you need about enrolment.Please read the information carefully and adhere to the specified registration period.

To enrol at the Ulm University of Applied Sciences you must present the documents specified in the Notification of Admission to the SSC, along with evidence that you have paid the administration fee and the fee for the Students' Union.As confirmation of enrolment, you will be issued with a semester ID card (chip card) and enrolment certificates for the current semester.

If you are not able to register yourself, then we need your written authorisation stating who can register on your behalf.

Dual study programme

If you would like to gather solid work experience while you are still at university, you can also take this course with in-depth practical experience.You can find information on admission prerequisites and the application process under Study programme with in-depth practical experience.


Do you still have questions about applying?You can find all the answers in the FAQs for online applications.

Students' Service Centre
Room: E09c
Prittwitzstraße 10
89075 Ulm
Fon: +49 (0)731 50-28025
Mo.,Di.,Do. 9am-4pm
We.,Fr. 9:00am-11:00am
and by arrangement

Funding | Mentoring

There are a variety of ways in which you can fund your time at university.No matter what your financial situation or that of your parents, this way, you have the chance to study.more

Accommodation | Transport

Information on moving house and local transport.more

Ulm Students' Union (Studierendenwerk)

Whether it concerns a place in student halls of residence, financial assistance or childcare – the Ulm Students' Union can help.more